How I feel about Tumblr updates…
SO TRUE. The only thing I think needed to be fixed is that the tag window should be able to be extended/enlarged. And now they’ve made the tagging even worse! You can’t highlight what you’ve tagged! I dunno about you guys, but I make mistakes while tagging, where I want to back and fix them, but with the new way of posting/reblogging, you can’t select the tags so you don’t have to type them all up again. GUHH. It’s so …odd. I just don’t see the logic. :(
my favorite type of people on tumblr
- people who tag their asks/replies with your url
- people who tag what they post (if they’re multifandom)
- people who tag their spoilers
- people who tag all the shit i don’t like
- people who use tags the right way
- people who tag nice things about your edits
- people who tag nice things about anyones edits
- basically people who tag
I came on thinking, oh, it’s only 1pm. I won’t have to worry about Doctor Who spoilers for several more hours. :)
WRONG. WRONG WRONG WRONG.
Tumblr 101: How Tags work!
- Only the first 5 tags count.
- Start with the important tags (ex. show name, actor name, artist name).
- If you’re the kind of person who fangirl like there’s no tomorrow
like mein their tags, save that until the end.
- Don’t tag your hate, that’s rude, childish and immature.
the first five tags of new (i.e. not reblogged) posts will only show up in tracked tags. however, you can have up to 24 tags (? i think that’s the right number. please correct me if i’m wrong) of up to 140 characters each (after that tumblr will automatically cut off the tag with an ellipses), and those will still show up on your blog (and on your dashboard) for personal organization (or commentary) purposes.
Actually only the first TWENTY (20) tags will work for organizational purposes, but the total number of tags that will actually publish is THIRTY (30).
So for example, I just made a post and put forty tags on it. Here’s what will happen:
- Only the first five (5) will show up in tracked tags
- Only the first twenty (20) will cause the post to show up in the tag on my blog (i.e. surrexi.com/tagged/tag)
- Only the first thirty (30) will actually publish; the rest will disappear into the ether
THIS MEANS THAT:
- You have to prioritise things you want to show up in tracked tags first, and you only get FIVE TAGS, so you have to choose carefully.
- You have a further fifteen tags that will count when you/your visitors browse the tags on your blog (so if you have a “mine” tag or a “resources” tag or a variation thereof, it’s best to put that in right after the tracked tags).
- To know how many tags you have to use for FEELS etc, subtract the number of tags you’ve already made from 30. (So, for example, if I make a post with five “tracked” tags, a “stuff i made” tag, and four organizational tags, I have 20 tags left for my feelings, ten of which will be purely for decoration.)
- And of course, all of your tags must be under 140 characters.
Thank you so much for doing all that research! I mean it, seriously. This is useful to the max.
Why is there porn in the #peach tag?
Why is there porn in the #peaches tag?
I was curious, so I checked out the #cherry and #cherries tags, but found no porn there. This was rather surprising considering that people (oddly, misleadingly, and down right incorrectly) refer to the hymen (as well as virginity in general) as a “cherry”.
#This is basically Rose’s wedding vow to the Doctor #If you think about it #Because she’s promising him HER ”forever” #which basically means the rest of her life #in sickness and in health #for alien adventures and hijinks aboard the TARDIS #she’s promising him all of her minutes and hours to come #And that little smile there #that he gives her in return #is quite profound on his part too — #last time he talked about Rose and forever (on the street outside the chip shop in School Reunion) #he was devastated at the thought of watching Rose age and wither and die #But here at this point in their relationship he smiles #Because he isn’t thinking about the death and loss he’ll suffer #he’s thinking about all the days and hours and minutes he’ll be with Rose (via gallifreyburning)
I’ve reblogged at least once or twice before, but these tags, man…I have to reblog for the new tags! D,:>
Accurate tags are accurate.
Doctor Who meme: Six companions: Rose Tyler (1/6)
#There’s something about Rose that i’ve always admired #and it’s the way she loves everyone and everything she’s ever come across or spent times with#In the fourth gif she’s smiling at a guy she never met with her eyes full of love #and i know that David said that’s purely Bils but i mean #the first time she encountered a dalek she tried to help it because that’s what she does #she loves everything no matter what(via shadows-onthe-wall)
#here is a boy that deserves to be believed in #he’s not going to graduate and he’s dealing with how it feels to feel like a failure #and he doesn’t want to go to prom with all of those people there that always expected that of him #so he’s upset and he’s wallowing #but when he hears about how upset this girl is #instead of letting her wallow with him #he makes her prom queen #he knows how big this is #he knows how special it’ll make her feel #you can see it on his face#my favorite part of this is that not once #not ONCE #did he talk down to her #not once did he make it seem like they were anything but equals #he spoke to her like he speaks to everyone else #i’m not sure if people realize how special that is #to just be spoken to like you’re an equal when so much of the world sees you as less than that #he crowned her queen #and he helped make this girl’s night #and if you ask me doing so made his #this boy has grown up so much #i’m so proud of him #and so lucky to be his fan i swear to god #better than everyone #sorry not sorry
Puck has always been set up to be this, the TRUE unconventional success story. So he might or might not graduate, he’s a Lima loser that has nothing but small dreams and in a show like this when everyone wants to and is well on their way to being a star we see failure in him. But here is what Puck has become:
- the most supportive of friends
- the most grounded
- a naturally earnestly good father despite the fact that Beth is not his legal responsibility
- a champion of stable relationships
- 100% consistently honest
You know everyone can go ahead and succeed in their sparkling careers in the most fictitious and unrealistic ways, but Puck accomplishes the most possible and yet difficult task: he is an amazing person, a friend, and a truly good father/paternal figure.
I’m actually really interested in how Glee dissociates success from growth. Some characters get one, some get both, and I wonder if Finchel get none.
(We’ll see. This is something to come back to after S3.)
But! What I wanted to say:
Noah Puckerman grew up into Burt Hummel.
Which, I think, means he won.
and they said that Finn was the hero of glee
we’re going to have a hard time
five years old
#also I love how he just lets it happen too #this man has the patience of a saint #he’s so chill #doesn’t give a fuck #he’s just like #yeah sure you can put this thing on my head #I don’t mind #have fun seriously #I’ll just sit here and let it happen #because I’m a six foot four fucking teddy bear #I look like I’ll rip your head from your shoulders #but I’m more likely to give you a cuddle #because I’m Chris fucking Hemsworth